https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/secure.notion-static.com/a01e0824-598b-43a2-8ff4-cb41b331f040/fqOcRL-F_400x400.jpg

Hey there! My name is Bram Dingelstad and you're currently reading my portfolio. If you'd like to hire me or if you have any follow up questions related to hiring me, please contact me: bram [at] dingelstad.works

Hope to hear from you soon! 👋


Most titles of the games are clickable for a link to a game page, where some are downloadable or playable in browser. Unfortunately due to the varied nature of the projects, not all of them are playable or downloadable.

Game Jams

StitchCraft (Winner of GGJ2020 "Out There" Award)

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/secure.notion-static.com/9e177ba3-652f-4837-91fa-95fa83ce0c6b/tittle_screen_correct_res.png

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/secure.notion-static.com/1bd2a6ef-9195-4758-b651-6e98e889563e/87565390_1116573385377429_8159964479694569472_n.jpg

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/secure.notion-static.com/cfc14fb9-9ba5-4856-a0b8-35e3b2f127a9/86283104_1116571215377646_2665282182196494336_n.jpg

Wanting to bond with a few of my interns (who turned into some of the best colleagues I've ever had), we decided to join the 2020 Global Game Jam in Groningen. Unfortunately for me, this time around I had been put in a producer/design role since we already had a programmer that insisted on using Unity. In this 48 hour long game jam the theme was "Repair", and thusly (after brainstorming for hours on end) we decided to make a game about a bunch of stitched dolls that are trying to repair their friend (another slightly less stitched friend). The game takes place in a dollhouse that fitted on one screen at the time.

Nearing the end of the jam I had produced most of the game with my teammates and everything was put together to the point of completion. We had about another day left but we had a simple problem: the game wasn't necessarily interesting. In an attempt to scramble together a win, I went to my office, gotten two screens and put them together at a 90 degree angle. Then I paper crafted a small dollhouse roof to dress up these two screens and told the programmer to make the game extend past the one screen and onto the other one. The result? You needed to physically walk around the game in order to play it and communicate with your teammates in order to pass the small obstacles in the dollhouse.

This clutch decision together with the great music by Dennis Molema, design by Ali Doustdar, programming by Pieter & beautiful art by Mimosa Lehtinen. We came in 1st for the "Out There" award in our local jam!

The game was made in < 48h. The game engine used was Unity. My role was designer/producer.

Extreme Home Breakover (Winner GGJ2019 "Public choice" Award)

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/secure.notion-static.com/de4f6523-5ab6-448f-9de5-c10f87d91306/game_pic_for_jam_site_a.png

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/secure.notion-static.com/8cdc0a90-f5a0-45ff-8163-b4223f7c2dbf/team_ggj-01.png

This gamejam was more a backseat one for me. The theme of this gamejam was "What home means to you". After sitting in a room discussing ideas for hours with our team of 6 people we ultimately decided on a concept that revolved around taking furniture from a moving van and putting it in a house in the correct room. While the original idea for the gameplay was to throw the furniture from player to player, we quickly learned during testing that people just threw it in the house as quickly as possible. We added some "Yeet" sound effects, called it a day for design and started polishing.

My part of the gamejam was to program the scoring system that was supposed to entice people to play the game. To do so, I made a small highscore server that posted whatever was played on the game to a separate monitor with the score of the team plus a small GIF of the gameplay showing the chaos that the team had created. This scoreboard would be visible above the game stand, giving the game more visibility and making sure people stuck around to see their highscore got beat by someone else. We won the "Public choice" award, meaning we got the most votes from all of the public attendees at the final day of the jam.

The game was made in < 48h. The game engine used was Unity. My role was "highscoreboard designer" and I used a simple NodeJS implementation + HTML/CSS for the scoreboard itself.

Drunk & Sailing

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/secure.notion-static.com/94793435-03af-45e4-a484-068f3bf13764/Li4lx3.png

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/secure.notion-static.com/64a1c857-2ce9-4807-8e2e-6f92351dead4/0J6iy7.png

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/secure.notion-static.com/402698eb-8c86-4238-a722-92977a73b689/A8DaN_.png

I had a bunch of my colleagues together for one weekend to make a small fun game for the 63rd edition of the Mini Jam. We had to use a limited palette and decided that we wanted to do something that was fun to play and easy to pick up. We eventually settled on a rhythm game, since we had two people on the team that wanted to do something related to music. I was in charge of the programming and the amazingly talented Mimosa Lehtinen was in charge of the visuals. The challenges of this game for me came from interpreting the music information and getting it to produce the desired gameplay we wanted. The pirates would kinda of dance out of control while the ship was shifting about. Every time you failed a button press in the rhythm, the ship would increase its shifting aggression and a myriad of objects would fall from the sky, making it harder for the pirates to keep dancing.

We used/made several tracks for the game. The game was made in ~72 hours. The game engine used was Godot.